Sunday, April 11, 2010

Shocking!

Near Miss at the Sparrow House

Warren Sparrow reports


"Thursday evening lightning struck the house two doors from ours. Fire broke out. Thanks to the rain and the quick response of our fire department, the 100-year-old house was saved. 

But, there was significant damage and the folks who lived there have moved into temporary quarters. We suffered minor damage: Fried cable TV and internet, fried answering machine and fried cordless phone. Let me tell you, when lightning strikes within 150 feet of you, it makes an impact." 

Fried Cable? Fried TV and internet?  That ain't minor, Warren. That's a catastrophe!  -Ed